Saturday, February 10, 2018

Tweet Hard

February 8, 2018, marked the date of the beginning of my Twitter experience. Several firsts occurred. On Thursday, I shared my first Twitter post. It was also the first time I had a live tweeting session.

Last Thursday, Crystal Brown and I went to the SPC hosted trivia event. There were several rounds including Disney, sports, history, Netflix, and song lyrics. We did not place in the top three for any of the sections. That being said, we had a good time, talked with interesting people and learned some new facts. While our careers as trivia wizards may be over just as quickly as it started, it was worth it. For the sake of my ego, I am going to say that the distraction of having to stay continuous with our tweets was the leading factor of our loss.

The live tweeting was a completely new experience for me. Never having used Twitter before the event, I found a lot of humor in the situation. I would be tweeting entirely for an audience of five followers. These followers would not only receive my first post but a large number of them in the span of an hour and a half.

Overall, I posted twelve times and included two pictures. The event went faster than I thought it would and I had some trouble keeping up with the questions while trying to post new even tweets. Maybe I should have chosen a smaller, slower event to test out my tweeting abilities, but I enjoyed the pace and feel of the trivia event. It was exciting and new. I would not mind having to live tweet again if I were put in a similar situation.

SPC is hosting another event next Tuesday, February 13. If it is anything like the event last Thursday, you are sure to have a good time.


If the feeling strikes you to look at my Twitter, you can do that here

No comments:

Post a Comment